Day 157

After much foot dragging, I got to the gym tonight. BIG thanks to my friends who yelled at me to go. You guys rock! (I am, of course, assuming you're reading this)

I started off on the treadmill tonight. I walked at an average pace of 3.0 for 52 minutes - a total of 3 miles. I really need to pick up my pace. If my math is correct, that's about 17.33 minutes per mile. Assuming I can keep that pace up for 13.1 miles, it's going to take me 3.79 hours to complete. I have no idea what a good goal is for walking a 1/2 marathon but I'm thinking that almost 4 hours is not a good pace. For pete's sake, there are going to be people running a full 26.2 miles and they'll finish before me. I guess what I should be focusing on is just finishing the damn thing.

After my walk, I hit the pool. I swam for 500 yards, using my arms only. I then put on those shoes and swam another 100 yards. I did the arms only because with the triathalon, I need my legs for the bike and run after the swim. I actually do better with just my arms - why is that?

Tomorrow is going to be a light workout - perhaps only 30 minutes on the ellip and 5 miles on the bike. I have a photography class tomorrow night (so I can learn how to use my camera) and will hit the gym afterwards.

  • Treadmill: 3.0 pace, 3 miles, 52 miles, 345 calories
  • Swim: 500 yards (arm only), don't know how long because I didn't wear my contacts and I couldn't see the clock

Comments

  1. Just remember DFL is better than DNF which is better than DNS. Keep up the good work. I'm running tonight, movie tomorrow night, run on Friday, and Gallagher on Sat so it will be Mon again before I get to the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you following a plan or just doing this?

    The times will come down...believe me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts