Starunner, Half-Assed Girl

Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Starunner. I'm a half-assed girl. No, I'm not missing half an ass (I wish). I mean I do everything half-assed.

Let me explain.

I've been a Weight Watcher since 2002. But only in the last 2 years have I been committed. So for 6 years, I've only partially been serious. Half-assed (and if I could do math, I'd realize that it's truly only one third-assed). In the last 2 years of my true commitment, only 1 was "by the book". Half-assed.

I went to school, off and on, over the course of 15 years. Only the last 4 were committed. And once I committed, I got a double major done in 4 consecutive years. So does that give me a half life of my half-assedness? And my head hurts trying to figure out the percentage. Even if I could figure it out, I'd stop half-way through.

1 month ago I committed to starting my Master's degree. For 2 weeks I was focused, getting my paperwork in, registering for classes, looking at books required for class. Class starts September 1st. I haven't ordered my books or set up my email for the class. Say it with me - half-assed.

I have my first Triathalon relay coming up the end of September. By this time I should be doing work-downs: 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500. Most days I'm content with just doing 400. That's what? One ninth-assed?

I had the best of intentions with this blog: introspection, insight, reflection, blah, blah, blah. But something better has come along - a rerun of "Friends" that I've seen one too many times. I'll probably only watch half of it, though.

Comments

  1. But you are going to finish your leg of the tri. Or someone's gonna pull you out of the lake.

    And that could be embarassing...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snort*

    I'm the same way with my blog. I'll have something happen or do something and I'll think "This is Blogworthy." I sit down to blog and I forget everything.

    Of course Michael Phelps, Natasia, and Beach Volleyball haven't been helping.

    I don't think you're half assed, I love ya darlin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogland. I am could have written this post as I am also half-assed....too bad my ass is now double the size that it was when I started WW.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts