20 August 2008

Starunner, Half-Assed Girl

Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Starunner. I'm a half-assed girl. No, I'm not missing half an ass (I wish). I mean I do everything half-assed.

Let me explain.

I've been a Weight Watcher since 2002. But only in the last 2 years have I been committed. So for 6 years, I've only partially been serious. Half-assed (and if I could do math, I'd realize that it's truly only one third-assed). In the last 2 years of my true commitment, only 1 was "by the book". Half-assed.

I went to school, off and on, over the course of 15 years. Only the last 4 were committed. And once I committed, I got a double major done in 4 consecutive years. So does that give me a half life of my half-assedness? And my head hurts trying to figure out the percentage. Even if I could figure it out, I'd stop half-way through.

1 month ago I committed to starting my Master's degree. For 2 weeks I was focused, getting my paperwork in, registering for classes, looking at books required for class. Class starts September 1st. I haven't ordered my books or set up my email for the class. Say it with me - half-assed.

I have my first Triathalon relay coming up the end of September. By this time I should be doing work-downs: 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500. Most days I'm content with just doing 400. That's what? One ninth-assed?

I had the best of intentions with this blog: introspection, insight, reflection, blah, blah, blah. But something better has come along - a rerun of "Friends" that I've seen one too many times. I'll probably only watch half of it, though.
Post a Comment