Peach Pork Chops??

This weekend is the Palisade Peach Festival - kicking off with a Peach recipe contest. Something in the back of my brain said, "Go ahead! You can deeeeewwww eeeet!" So I spent this evening concoting, combining and cooking. The only rules of the contest: Palisade Peaches must be used.

I can do that.

Looking in my freezer I have shrimp and pork chops. I make a comment to the kids about doing some sort of peach glazed shrimp and they give me the standard look all teens give their parents when they've sprouted a second head. I mention the possibility of something with pork chops. The reaction this time is a little less Men In Black so I figure I must be on the right path.

3 hours of writing, planning and finally cooking and I think it turns out pretty good. Heck - if teenagers eat it and ask for seconds, I think I'm a blue-ribbon chef. I've got some tweaking to do before I submit the recipe and finished product Saturday morning but here it is. Don't ask me why I thought these flavors would go well together. Perhaps it was my sweet craving and the lack of protein in my diet. Whatever the case, it worked.

Almond Encrusted Pork Chops with Palisade Peachsauce
  • 6 ounces whole almonds, crushed finely
  • 3 pork loin chops, boneless, trimmed, pounded to 1/4 inch thick
  • 1 Tblsp Olive Oil
  • 1/4 cup Egg Beaters w/ yolk
  • 4 cups peeled, sliced Palisade Peaches (about 5)
  • 12 slices peeled Palisade Peaches (about 1)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 Tsp lemon juice
  1. Heat oil in large skillet
  2. Dip prepared pork chops in egg beaters and then press into crushed almonds, ensuring each pork chop is thoroughly covered
  3. Place chops in skillet and cook 5 minutes each side
  4. Cover, reduce heat to low/simmer and cook while preparing Peachsauce
  5. In a large saucepan, add peaches (not the 12 slices) and sugar
  6. Cook on medium until bubbly and peaches are tender
  7. Place one pork chop on plate, garnish with 4 peach slices each and a side of Peachsauce

If you try this recipe, let me know what you think. I had added some spices (garlic, salt, sugar, sesame) to the peaches and used pineapple juice instead of sugar but neither the kids or the dog liked it. And being the top-quality chef that I am, if the dog passes, I know it's not good. Being snubbed by the dog led me to try the peaches as if I were making home-made applesauce - sans the cinnamon. It worked.

Comments

Popular Posts