I want YOU! . . . To join my team for the Denver Rock n Roll Marathon Oct 9, 2011


So - the standard form letter follows. But let me personalize by saying I've had enough of cancer taking those I love. Have you? Join my team, "Margo's Girls" (and you can be a boy, get over it! Named in honor of my dear friend who passed away from breast cancer) and let's take one step in front of the other together.



Hey there!

I’m not sure if you’ve heard yet, but I’m taking on a new challenge. I signed up for an endurance race – but I also signed up to help change the course of cancer. That’s because I joined the American Cancer Society DetermiNation team. Every step I take and every mile I conquer will save lives and create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. And … I’d like to ask you to join my team. I don't often ask for such a commitment but this is a worthy cause - too many of my friends and loved ones have been touched by cancer as, I am sure, yours have too. Let's walk together to say "ENOUGH!"



Don’t worry – it doesn’t matter who you are, where you are, or how fit you are. The DetermiNation program will help us train for and finish the race. And since we’re dedicating our race to fighting cancer and raising funds to save lives, the finish line is just the beginning.



By joining the DetermiNation team, we’re helping the American Cancer Society save lives every day. That means:

■More people in our community can stay well by getting the info and tools they need to help prevent cancer or find it early.
■More people with cancer will have the support they need through every step of their cancer journey to help they get well – whether it’s a free ride to treatment, a place to stay, or just talking to someone who has “been there.”
■ACS can fund and conduct more groundbreaking research to find cures to help end this disease.
■ACS can fight back so more people can have access to lifesaving cancer screenings and treatment.
Thanks to people like us, 11 million cancer survivors are celebrating another birthday this year. I’m so excited to be a part of this lifesaving experience – and I hope you’ll join me on this journey. Click here to get started!

Sincerely,

Bethany/Starunner


Visit my PERSONAL page

Visit my TEAM page to Join!!!

Comments

Popular Posts